Famous Recipes – Banana Spring Rolls
* 2 large bananas
* 8 (7 inch square) spring roll wrappers
* 1 cup brown sugar, or to taste
* 1 quart oil for deep frying
1. Preheat the oil in a deep-fryer or large cast-iron skillet to
375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Peel bananas, and slice them in half lengthwise, then crosswise
into fourths. Place one piece of banana diagonally across the corner
of a spring roll wrapper, and sprinkle with brown sugar to taste. Roll
from the corner to the center, then fold top and bottom corners in,
and continue rolling. Dip your finger in water and brush the last edge
to seal. Repeat with remaining banana pieces.
3. Fry a few banana rolls at a time in the hot oil until evenly
browned. Remove to paper towels to drain. Serve hot or cold.